Tamar's Reviews > Lingerie Wars

Lingerie Wars by Janet Elizabeth Henderson

Nov 07, 2013

4.5 stars!

This book sounded interesting from the summary, so while I was waiting on a book order, I decided to take a chance and download Lingerie Wars. And boy, did it exceed my expectations!

Lingerie Wars is about an ex lingerie model, Kirsty Campbell, and an ex Special Forces officer, Lake Benson. Kirsty suffered a bad car accident a while ago, and is now running a lingerie shop in her home town, Invertary, Scotland. She's on her last dime--literally--and wants to make the shop a success. Lake Benson comes to Invertary to reclaim an investment: he lent his younger sister, Rainne, money to buy the lingerie shop across from Kirsty's shop, and Rainne is not doing a great job of turning a profit. Therefore, Lake decides to stay for a while, in hopes that he can revive the business, turn a profit, and eventually sell the shop so he can move on with his life.

When Kirsty and Lake meet, they begin a competition that turns into a lingerie war: who's shop can make the most profit before the new year. As Kirsty and Lake have trouble ignoring the chemistry between themselves, colorful characters such as old and sassy Betty (who Lake nicknames a Hobbit), Kirsty's mom who runs a knit shop and group called Knit or Die, and the town's unofficial mayor, Dougal, bring humor and well-timed conflict into each chapter.

The characters are very well-developed, believable, and entertaining. I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed so often while reading a book. Seriously, I couldn't put it down and probably LOL'ed every other page.

Henderson has an amazing sense of humor and has expertly woven it through the romance and suspense. I am now a big fan and have recommended the book to some friends. And I'm hoping this becomes a movie some day! I'd totally watch it. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lingerie Wars.

November 7, 2013 – Shelved
November 7, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
January 25, 2014 – Started Reading
January 25, 2014 –
page 90
January 27, 2014 –
page 115
38.33% "So hard to pause here, but I have to eat dinner. Otherwise I'd keep going. I can't remember the last time I've laughed so much while reading a book!"
January 27, 2014 –