Laura's Reviews > Dance of the Red Death

Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

liked it
bookshelves: 100-book-challenge, dystopias, fantasy, romance, ya, science-fiction

I liked this book (and the series) but at the same time... I didn't. I just felt like there was some lack of explanations for my taste. I don't know. Maybe they're included in Glitter and Doom (1.5) and I'll realize that this review is all wrong after I finish reading that. Either way. I don't think it ever actually says what the year is (or am I missing something?) so I don't know if this is the original Red Death era or if it's reincarnated or what. This is the story of Araby who lost her twin brother, Finn, to the plague. She is the daughter of the leading scientist that invented the masks that protect against it so she's either hated or loved by all. However, bad people are ruling the city and are killing people (the poor) so there's got to be a revolution!

Like I said, I just feel like there is a lack of explanations. I may be wrong but until I finish Glitter and Doom, I'm sticking with it! It was a pretty addicting book and I did see lots of character growth, especially in Araby. I just... it was an ok book to me. It definitely isn't bad - please give it a try! But I didn't love it either. And maybe it just takes a certain kind of person to like these books.

3 stars for a good story and growth but just... lack of me loving it and explanations.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dance of the Red Death.

November 7, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read