Sharon Tyler's Reviews > Don't Push the Button!

Don't Push the Button! by Bill   Cotter

Don't Push the Button! by Bill Cotter is an interactive picturebook schedule for release on November 1 2013. Larry is a monster, and he has only one rule; that no one press the button in the book. However, curiosity becomes too much for Larry and he urges the reader to press said button when no one is looking. Pressing the button has some unexpected consequences, which leads to more button pressing, book shacking, and all sorts of fun.

Don't Push the Button! has delightful illustrations and a fun premise. who does not want to press a button, particularly after being told not to? the very visible results lead to lots of interactive fun for the reader. i think a one on one reading session with an adults and young child or an older child reading to a younger would will bring the most enjoyment out of the story. It reminded me of the joy I always for in There's a Monster at the End of the Book, where the main character directly interacts with the reader in a fun way. Even though the button is just a picture rather than an actual, press-able button, I think children will have fun pressing the button and seeing the result on the following page.

I would recommend Don't Push the Button! to picturebook fans, particularly those that enjoy monsters and interactive tales. I think it could be a good discussion starter about consequences or for guessing just what might happen next. I think everyone can find some fun and enjoyment in this picturebook and plan on giving it as a gift this holiday season to at least one young child.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Push the Button!.

Finished Reading