Hooked On Books's Reviews > The Sound of Shooting Stars

The Sound of Shooting Stars by Heather  Allen

Nov 07, 2013

Jamie Grey has spent his life going from one foster home to another. He learnt not to care, because that way you don’t get hurt. He just has one more year till he’s 18th birthday then he can go it alone. For his last year of foster care he is placed with the Chase family, where Jamie meets a hostile reception in the form of their 17 year old daughter Becket.

Becket Chase has had a privileged life, nice car, big house in Palm Beach Florida, in fact everything she wants. What she didn’t want however, was for her parents to foster a boy her own age and have him sharing her home and family. She wants him gone and she was going to let him know it. Becket is complicated, she is stubborn, and because she is used to getting what she wants, she doesn’t handle it well when things start spiralling out of control, and is surprised to find help and support from an unexpected source.

On his first day in his new school, Jamie has an unexpected meeting with someone from his past which brings Jamie and Beckets worlds colliding together, will Becket get her way so that Jamie has to leave or will their lives take a different course?

I really felt for Jamie, his story is a touching one, you can’t imagine what he’s life must have been like. After all he went through he turned out to be a strong person who held onto his plan to start a new life, the thing he has dreamed of for so long. You really want him to succeed and find the happiness he is looking for.

Becket I didn’t warm to her as easily as I did Jamie, she is a spoilt rich girl, she uses people and doesn't seem to be bothered who she hurts along the way. Although I did learn as I started to get to know her, that there are two sides to Becket one she keeps hidden, and the other she shows the world.

I enjoyed reading this book, it was well written and I would recommend it. I give it 4 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sound of Shooting Stars.

Finished Reading