Bev's Reviews > Serpentine Walls

Serpentine Walls by CJane Elliott

Nov 07, 2013

bookshelves: m-m, feel-good, friends-to-lovers, romance, na-new-adult

Trawling through the DsP website one day to check on upcoming books, my eyes were immediately drawn to the cover of this one. The blurb sounded interesting....I'm so glad I took a chance on it!! 4.5 stars from me and

Pete Morgan is on his way from home to the University of Virginia to resume his studies after his mum has told him that she and his dad are getting divorced. Neither he nor his other siblings (3 brothers and a sister) are happy at the news as you'd expect, and of course, his mum is shell-shocked , she wasn't aware that her husband was carrying on behind her back with the book-keeper!! Pete and his travelling companions Angie, John and Bud (his cousin) have all been together since high school, and are really good/best friends, but this year John is moving in with his girlfriend Cleo and Angie and Pete have got a house together instead of rooming at the University, and Angie has declared that this year is the one that she and Pete will find their 'soul-mates'.

There is so much going on in this book, the pace doesn't slacken for one minute. The author's writing is crisp, the story doesn't lag in the middle and the characters are 'fleshed out' really well...even the ones that you don't particularly like. Hopefully, we find out that Angie was right, for both herself and Pete. Anyhoo, I'll leave this review here, this was a nice old-fashioned romantic story and a real treat. Do I get my HEA...well, I had a big grin on my face at the end so that will obviously tell you something.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serpentine Walls.

November 7, 2013 – Shelved
November 7, 2013 – Shelved as: m-m
November 22, 2013 – Started Reading
November 25, 2013 –
100.0% "Wonderful. Loved it."
November 25, 2013 – Shelved as: feel-good