Betryal's Reviews > Conquest

Conquest by S.J. Frost

Oct 27, 2009

Read in October, 2009

This book excelled my expectations. I have only 3 words that best describes the story: IT. KICKED. ASS! I'll admit that I'm a serious fan of the Heaven series by Jet and devoted to that being the best rock group stories but, oh yeah, now there's a but people and not the tight 2 cheek muscled ones. When Jesse and Evan and we sure can't forget the guitarist which is a little too adamant about being 'straight' came into play I was blown away. Totally! Reading the lyrics I envisioned what I thought they would sound like and was impressed by them.

At the end of the story you can catch a glimpse of the next story after this called FEAR, but there's no way, no how I was going to read it and sit back eager to read it having only gotten a taste of what's to come. I'm not a very patient guy. One of my failed human traits, but aren't we all like that? :snorts:

Now I thought for sure Tim would seek revenge but I guess we'll just have to wait and see if plays up in the next book, hmmm.

Anyhow it's a two thumbs up. I even dedicate one song to Jesse: Tongue Tied by Faber Drive. :laughing:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conquest.

Quotes Betryal Liked

S.J. Frost
“There’s just one thing I want to know.”

Julian nodded. “Anything.”

“When you peed and had sex outside, it wasn’t at the same time, was it? Because that’d be really
nasty.”
S.J. Frost, Conquest

Kathy I just finished Conquest and your review is absolutely spot on!

Popcorn OMG you think Kenny might be gay??? You know I could see that... maybe!

Betryal Kenny is a little too insistent on being straight. Don't yeah think?

Popcorn errr that is quite possible!! We should start a poll!

Betryal :laughing hard: And no doubt you'd be the one that would. You've got my support either way :winks:

Kathy A poll? Really?

I don't know, I never really thought about Kenny being gay... but I'm sure curious to see how it plays out in the next few books.

Popcorn I really wanna know now! I wonder how I'd start a poll!

Betryal No clue.