Giselle's Reviews > On the Fence

On the Fence by Kasie West

Kasie West is the reason why I don't write off contemporary straight out of my to-be-read list. It's because she writes such cute stories with a lot of characters who are always set on doing the right thing.

Charlie is the easily relatable character that I understood. Sure she hardly had any self-esteem, but when you're a teenager, you certainly don't know any better. Honestly if there was no back and fourth, the book would probably get super boring. Self-deprecating characters aren't always the easiest to read about, but if you were a little like her character when you're younger, you can remember what it was like. Also dating someone you're not into wasn't exactly the best decision. That's why you have these years to iron out the kinks. I loved how annoying her brothers were too. And her father was super sweet.

I love stories where a friendship blossoms into something more and this is definitely one of them. Kasie West reminds me a lot of Miranda Kenneally's books and I just love them both. If you're looking for a cute contemporary romance, pick this one up. I'm not usually a big contemporary fan, but her writing is too cute to pass up.

RATING 4/5

QUOTES

"I didn't feel like I had a purpose, a goal. But after a while I let my long relax and realized not everything had to have a point. Some things could just be the for the fun of it." (149)

"I am going to call every girl in your contacts tonight and tell them you're gay." (168)

"It's pretty impressive that a girl that looks like you knows so much about baseball." (189)

"If you can't be yourself around him, then you shouldn't be dating him." (193)

"Guys don't want a competitor, they want a cheerleader." (194)

"We can't let boys define how we feel about ourselves. You have to know who you are before you should let any boy worth anything in." (211)

"If he doesn't want you for you, then he's not worth it." (228)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Fence.

November 6, 2013 – Shelved
November 6, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
November 6, 2013 – Shelved as: 2014
August 30, 2014 – Shelved as: arc-physical
August 30, 2014 – Shelved as: from-gift
October 24, 2015 – Started Reading
October 24, 2015 –
page 113
38.18% "Their convos are cute"
page 148
50.0% "Ohh I just realized it's Skye and Henry from THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US. I love it when other characters appear in the same author's books"
page 168
56.76% "I love how annoying her brothers are! They're hilarious"
page 193
65.2% "If you can't be yourself around him, then you shouldn't be dating him."
page 211
71.28% "We can't let boys define how we feel about ourselves. You have to know who you are before you should let any boy worth anything in."
page 262
88.51% "I didn't want to be right this time :("
page 278
March 10, 2016 – Shelved as: genre-romance
March 30, 2016 – Shelved as: 4-star
March 30, 2016 – Shelved as: age-young-adult
March 30, 2016 – Shelved as: genre-romance-slow-burn

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah By far my fave Kasie West book!