♥Rachel♥'s Reviews > Leave the Lights On

Leave the Lights On by Karen Stivali

Leave the Lights On was a pure comfort read, well, that’s if you don’t count all the steamy scenes. Those might make you a little uncomfortable, but in all the right ways!

Both Sophie and Parker have had a rough patch. Sophie was married for two months before finding out her dirt-bag-of-a-husband was cheating on her, so she’s divorced and living back in her family home while her parents migrated to Florida. She now concentrates on her party/wedding planning business, but things are about to change when her best friend/childhood crush, Parker, moves back next door.

Parker has spent the last two years recovering from an accident that ended his dreams of a baseball career. He’s now back home after his father passed away to take over the family business; moving back next door to Sophie, his best friend since grade school. Little did Sophie know Parker always had a thing for her.

A second chance romance is one of my all-time favorites, especially when the couple knows each other so well from years of friendship. It hurts when you’re in love with someone for so long and you think they never felt the same way, so when things work out my heart just soars!

A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

He no longer noticed the rain or heard the thunder—his whole world had condensed into the kiss. The only word his brain could form was Sophie.

I’m kissing Parker.
Sophie repeated the words to herself but couldn’t quite believe they were true.

*sigh*

Over the years both Sophie and Parker secretly pined for each other but unfortunately neither one knew the other had feelings, so life and other people got in the way. When they meet each other again they are both intensely attracted, but self-doubt from their pasts have them both worried that the feelings may not be returned. Thankfully, that only lasts for a split second before Sophie and Parker discover everything they’ve been missing over the years! These two have misunderstandings and have to work through some of their insecurities, but they tackle their issues like adults. Yes! No stupid miscommunications that make you want to pull your hair out!

They’re romance was sweet and oh-so-sexy! Just the right amount of build-up and anticipation created super hot and steamy scenes. Years of longing made for a fiery connection:

Touch her. She’s real and she’s right here.
How many times had he imagined this? Wished he were right where he was? Longed to run his hands across her? To feel her stroke against his skin? More than he could count or remember.

Leave the Lights is a win for anyone who loves the sweet satisfaction of an unrequited love finally reciprocated! This romance that will curl your toes, make you swoon, and leave you on a happily-ever-after high!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leave the Lights On.

November 6, 2013 – Started Reading
November 6, 2013 – Shelved
November 6, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
November 8, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

message 1: by Bethany (new) - added it

Bethany This sounds good. Enjoy!

♥Rachel♥ Thank you, Bethany. It's starting off well. :)

message 3: by Baba (new)

Baba  Another great review, Rachel! :))

♥Rachel♥ Baba ♥♥♥ Marcus, Tyler, Tate, Dan, Ty, & Hunter wrote: "Another great review, Rachel! :))"

Thank you, Baba! :)

message 5: by Bethany (new) - added it

Bethany Great review!! :)

message 6: by Bethany (new) - added it

Bethany Great review!! :)

♥Rachel♥ Bethany wrote: "Great review!! :)"

Thank you, Bethany! :)

message 8: by Ivy (new) - added it

Ivy Sinclair I'm a fan of second chance romances too- great review! I've added this to my TBR list. :)

message 9: by Miss Fifi (new)

Miss Fifi Lovely review, Rachel! Sounds like an amazing love story :)

• Lisa • I love love LOVE the sound of this ... Tell me they don't get together too quickly? ❤❤❤ LOVELY review Rachel x

message 12: by Christy (new)

Christy Awesome review, Rachel! xo

♥Rachel♥ Lisa Jayne wrote: "I love love LOVE the sound of this ... Tell me they don't get together too quickly? ❤❤❤ LOVELY review Rachel x"

Thank you, Lisa. (view spoiler) Hope that helps. :)

message 14: by ♥Rachel♥ (last edited Nov 10, 2013 07:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥Rachel♥ Ivy wrote: "I'm a fan of second chance romances too- great review! I've added this to my TBR list. :)"

Thank you, Ivy, it's one of my favorite types! Hope you enjoy it. :)

♥Rachel♥ Lisa wrote: "Awesome review, Rachel!"

Thank you, Lisa. :)

♥Rachel♥ Miss wrote: "Lovely review, Rachel! Sounds like an amazing love story :)"

It was very sweet and low on angst, Miss. :)

♥Rachel♥ Christy wrote: "Awesome review, Rachel! xo"

Thank you, Christy. :)

message 18: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda steamy scene = comfort, rachel :D

♥Rachel♥ Amanda wrote: "steamy scene = comfort, rachel :D"

I totally agree, Amanda! :)