Melanie's Reviews > Mormon Origami

Mormon Origami by Todd Huisken

I am fully aware that my paper airplanes have a lot to be desired so when I saw this book up for review, I jumped at the chance to learn how to make something that actually looks cool!

The author starts by showing different diagrams on how to do the folds, which is helpful as you actually start to make the designs. (Full disclosure: I don't do well looking at written diagrams, so I looked up some of the more difficult folds on YouTube to see an actual demonstration and use the pictures to refresh my memory.)

There are three different sections: Book of Mormon Designs, Church History Designs and Latter-day Temple Designs. He shows the skill level for each design (1, 2 or 3) and shares a little trivia. I'm currently sticking to the skill level 1 designs but plan to work my way up to level 3, which have the coolest looking designs, like the Nephite Temple, Pioneer Handcart, Ox, Statue of Moroni and Salt Lake Temple.

I made some of the level 1 designs with my children and we had lots of fun. This is a great activity to keep kids entertained and might make you the coolest Primary teacher ever (just saying). It's definitely a great resource to have on hand!

Mel's Shelves
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mormon Origami.

Started Reading