Brittany's Reviews > Merlin's Shadow

Merlin's Shadow by Robert Treskillard

Nov 06, 2013

bookshelves: favorites, fantasy

Pursued relentlessly by enemies who wish to destroy them and take control of the kingdom, Merlin and his rag-tag band of friends and allies are still on the run, trying desperately to protect orphaned prince Aurthur. But the forces of evil are strong, seemingly insurmountable. When only God can save them, will Merlin trust Him or will all be lost?
This book was just as fascinating and irresistible as the first book in the series, "Merlin's Blade". The author weaves an intriguing tale blending Arthurian legend and history, making these books quite unique. The story is absolutely gripping, I could not put it down. It is a lot darker than the first book as the conflict and plot deepen; and by the end, I can hardly wait for book three because I can't see how the story can come out well. This is an excellent read, and I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys King Arthur stories, fantasy, and even pictic and druidic history.
I recieved a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Merlin's Shadow.

November 6, 2013 – Shelved