Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)'s Reviews > Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

I found this book online a while ago and decided to download it and see if it was any good. I fell in love with it and read it two more times, then went to a book store and bought it. It is a very well-written book. The author portrays very well the life of the two main characters, which are Hannah Baker and Clay Jensen.

Clay is an average boy who had a crush on Hannah Baker, a girl who committed suicide. One day, Clay receives a box with tapes inside. Soon, he finds out the voice from the tapes is from Hannah. The tapes are given to thirteen people that led her to commit suicide. Clay felt devastated when he realized he was one of the reasons. Why, you may ask? Clay never talked to Hannah. He stood by the sidelines and never did anything to defend her from anything.

This is a very powerful and meaningful book. It shows us that with our attitude or by not doing anything, someone can take away their life. This also shows to not judge by what you hear from other sources.

Remember, if anyone in your community is being bullied, speak up or talk to the bullied person so he/she doesn’t feel alone. YOU can save someone’s life.

Review was first published in 2014 in Latte Nights Reviews.

Finished Reading