Brianne Hepworth's Reviews > A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Stories

A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Stories by Charles Dickens

2004322
Oct 26, 2009

I actually enjoyed reading this book. I am obviously familiar with the story, but not completely. My last encounter with Dickens was when I was 16 and I read Great Expectations. While I remember enjoying that book, I also remember I had a REALLY hard time understanding it. Sadly, this book wasn't that different. I often had to reread sentences or paragraphs, or I would just trek on and hope that eventually through context clues I would understand. In the end, I comprehended most everything of what I read, though it took some work. Overall, it was a good story. Rushed in ways, but seemingly just the right length.

I hope to read the other stories contained in this volume soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Stories.

October 25, 2009 –
page 47
16.32% (Paperback Edition)
October 26, 2009 – Shelved
October 26, 2009 –
page 108
Started Reading
November 6, 2009 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Yay! I'm glad you like it! I'm going to be teaching a few lessons on it in my cooperating teacher's classroom come december.

Dickens is one of my favorites, and it does take some work, but SO WORTH IT!

Brianne Hepworth Stupid Goodreads never told me you commented on my review.

What grade are you going to be teaching and when? I would love those lessons...never know when you might use them.

I saw that you read it a couple of months ago and I was so jealous. I decided to put it at the top of my list...even though it wasn't Christmas yet. :)