kt's Reviews > Melissa Explains It All: Tales from My Abnormally Normal Life

Melissa Explains It All by Melissa Joan Hart

did not like it
bookshelves: 2013

I was so disappointed in this book. I loved all things Melissa Joan Hart growing up and was so stoked to see she had an autobiography coming out. I even preordered it! This book was totally self-serving and was just a way for Melissa to show the world just how amazing and awesome she is. Too bad for me it was more about how amazingly and awesomely boring she is.

I was on board at first when she talked about her humble beginnings, but shortly there was nothing humble left. This book seemed like one boring brag after another.

I used to love Melissa, but now I just think she's pretentious with a higher sense of worth than is reality (this is the extremely toned down version of what I really wanted to say, but I wasn't sure if I'd get kicked off of Goodreads if I used more colorful language and said what I really wanted to say).

So, basically, don't waste your time on this one. I already wasted enough time reading it for everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Melissa Explains It All.

November 5, 2013 – Started Reading
November 5, 2013 – Shelved
November 8, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013
November 8, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Nicole Wow! I feel exactly the same way you do. I also pre-order it but now wish I could get a refund. So disappointing.

Ashleigh Don't you love how she would talk about her humble beginnings, but then all of the jobs she had? Like that money had to go somewhere. Tons of name dropping too...ugh!