Susan Swiderski's Reviews > Divine Temptation

Divine Temptation by Nicki Elson

The first time divorced mom Maggie "wakes" to see a man standing in her bedroom, she thinks it's a dream. After all, she IS lonely, and he IS terribly easy on the eyes. A real hunka-hunka angel sent to her straight from heaven. But the dream theory gets blown to smithereens when he keeps reappearing, not only in her bedroom, but in fleeting glimpses out in public, as well. Turns out, he really IS an angel, an angel who's not only surprised that she can see him... and talk with him... and touch him... but who has no idea why he's been sent to watch over her. One thing he's sure of, though, is no matter how attracted they are to each other, that whole angel-human love affair stuff is seriously frowned upon by Upper Management.

Elson spins a fascinating tale that examines classic conflicts like good vs. evil and faith vs. doubt, and she does so in a fresh and thoroughly captivating manner. Her characters are real and believable, facing real-world difficulties regarding love, friendship, and forgiveness, as well as other-worldly difficulties with angels, demons, and evil possession.

I read this book when it was first released, and thought I'd written a review on it, but if I did, the review isn't here anymore. SO, I read the book again yesterday to refresh my memory, so I could write a new review today.

I'm glad I did. I enjoyed this book as much... if not more... the second time around as I did the first. First time, I was enthralled by the story. Second time, I still loved the story, but was better able to appreciate the writing itself. What can I say? This is a reeeeeally good book. (It's... divine!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Temptation.

Finished Reading
November 4, 2013 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Jennifer Lane Great review! Loved the comment about "upper management". ;-)

I too appreciated the grounded characters and the battle between good and evil in a fresh way.

Susan Swiderski Thanks! Glad ya liked it. It's pretty easy to write a good review about such a good book, isn't it?