Angie's Reviews > Saga, Vol. 1

Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan

bookshelves: graphic-novel

Synopsis: "When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe.

From New York Times bestselling writer Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina) and critically acclaimed artist Fiona Staples (Mystery Society, North 40), Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in this sexy, subversive drama for adults."

My Review: This was such a fantastic read, I am a little ashamed that it has been sitting on my shelf for over 6 months. While entire new worlds and species are introduced, it doesn't feel like massive amounts of world building the way it is all presented. The characters are widely varied and each interesting in their own way. The art is detailed but without being too busy. This is really a top notch graphic novel in my opinion and I plan to follow the series until they are not making any more!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saga, Vol. 1.

November 4, 2013 – Shelved