Amy (Foxy)'s Reviews > Love, in English

Love, in English by Karina Halle

Nov 03, 2013

bookshelves: arc-or-netgalley, april-2014, 2014-books, 5-stars-2014, spring-2014-5-stars, forbidden
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Renee

**PRICE DROP**
75% off - $.99-> http://amzn.to/1kqKPLm

11/1/2014
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For as long as man has been around, he has felt governed by the stars. But I do not believe this to be true. The stars may place us in each other's paths... Perhaps we were all fated to meet, to be here with each other - but it is up to us to decide to shine or not. The stars are not unreachable. They are not untouchable. and they do not control us. ... Design your own universe, make your own stars, write your own stories and create your own destiny." - Mateo

Love In English is a love story of another kind where love tears families apart and guilt threatens to destroy everything in its path. It begs the question is love worth it?

Vera is a college student on summer break who takes the opportunity to spend a month in Spain teaching English to professional minded Spaniards who need to improve their language skills for the international business world.

Mateo is a respected athlete and business owner who happens to also be a dad and husband. His heart belongs to his young daughter but he no longer has feelings for his wife.

Love, in English felt very authentic, like I was reading a real life story instead of a work of fiction. In preparation for the infidelity I knew to expect, I started creating acceptable scenarios in my mind that would justify Mateo's infidelity. My heart wanted a painless situation but being true to herself Ms. Halle never once took the easy road as the story unfolded. The gamut of emotions I felt, from the prologue to the epilogue, left me totally engrossed with Vera & Mateo's unconventional love story.
"What is love? In English?" -Mateo
"Love, in English is love...." -Vera
"What is it in Spanish?" -Vera
"Love in Spanish is you." -Mateo

description
The story behind this picture; when my paperback arc arrived in the mail, my son came up with the idea to make me look like the book cover. I convinced him that his sister would be a better model. He deserves all the credit because it was his idea plus he took the picture and did the editing.

Standalone
Release date: April 22, 2014

***Thank you, Karina Halle, for the complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, in English.

November 3, 2013 – Shelved
November 3, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
April 4, 2014 – Started Reading
April 4, 2014 – Shelved as: arc-or-netgalley
April 4, 2014 – Shelved as: april-2014
April 4, 2014 –
1.0% "My name is Vera Miles....I am the villain. But I'm starting to think that most villains aren't evil - they are just misunderstood.\n \n description\n \n Loving how it is starting out."
April 4, 2014 –
3.0% ""Any last minute advice?"\n "Try not to fall in love with anyone."\n \n description"
April 5, 2014 –
17.0% ""Sometimes you are stuck being the person you are and not the person you were. Or could be."\n \n description"
April 5, 2014 –
28.0% "Karina Halle writes the best Spanish speaking men. 1st Javier and now Mateo. SEXY\n \n description"
April 5, 2014 –
34.0% "Oh no!!! I don't want to turn the page!! :(\n \n description"
April 6, 2014 –
54.0% ""Don't fall in love"....she knew exactly what happened in Las Palabras, every single program. It kind of made me wonder why this wasn't a reality tv show.\n \n description \n \n I'd totally watch it!"
April 6, 2014 –
64.0% ""....there is going to be consequences. At some point, sh*t will hit the fan. It always does."\n \n description"
April 6, 2014 –
84.0% "Stupid tabloids\n \n description"
April 6, 2014 –
89.0% "WTF\n \n description"
100.0% "description"
April 6, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014-books
April 6, 2014 – Shelved as: 5-stars-2014
April 6, 2014 – Shelved as: spring-2014-5-stars
April 6, 2014 – Shelved as: forbidden
April 6, 2014 – Finished Reading

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Maddie!! OMG, how cool ;)

Amy (Foxy) Kristin (KC) wrote: "Maddie!! OMG, how cool ;)"

Hee hee!!! Andrew wants credit for taking the picture and making this 'gif'. :)

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Haha. MAJOR props to Andrew! Nice job :)

message 4: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne Enjoy xx

aria [dear darling reader] I think I'm gonna add this to my to-read list! :)

Amy (Foxy) Lisa Jayne wrote: "Enjoy xx"

Thanks, LJ!! It was a good journey

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Wonderful review Amy! Love the pic! :))

Amy (Foxy) I am Mrs. Emerson wrote: "I think I'm gonna add this to my to-read list! :)"

You totally should!!! Karina Halle did an awesome job with this story.

Amy (Foxy) MELISSA wrote: "Wonderful review Amy! Love the pic! :))"

Thanks, Melissa!! :) ♥

Renee *squinting at screen with one eye open* - From what little I allowed myself to see, it looked like a wonderful review dimples! I know I know, "you don't put spoilers in your reviews" but I want to go in completely blind! x

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

P.S. Love the story about your son and daughter. She is beautiful!

message 12: by Len (new) - added it

Len Great review!!! nice picture, job well done for your son & daughter :))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Wonderful review Amy! Oh I was wondering who it was in the picture. Great work! = ))

message 14: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Your photo is wonderful, nicely done. Give your creative son even more praise. Maybe we should use the idea more often, there are so many exciting book covers. ~ Great review, Amy!

Mysza Beautiful review hon:)

message 16: by Olga (new) - rated it 4 stars

Olga Great review, Amy! Can't wait to read this one! :)

message 17: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Lovely review, Amy! :D

message 18: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole I love it! I love the pic, such a creative boy you have there. Can't wait to read this one :D

message 19: by Ji (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ji Love your review, especially your son's brilliant idea!!! :)

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Fabulous review, Foxy! Perfectly said :)

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) That's amazing that your son did that. Good job, him! And, fabulous review. I can't wait for the book to come out so I can check it out.

FMABookReviews Wonderful review! And very talented son!

Amy (Foxy) Renee wrote: "*squinting at screen with one eye open* - From what little I allowed myself to see, it looked like a wonderful review dimples! I know I know, "you don't put spoilers in your reviews" but I want to ..."

Thanks, Silly girl. ❤️❤️ I can already imagine the conversations we will have when you read this book. :)

Amy (Foxy) Ashlee wrote: "Great review,chick! You have made me a believer. I will be getting this as soon as it's released.
P.S. Love the story about your son and daughter. She is beautiful!"

Yay!!! Can't wait to see your review on this one.
P.S. Thank you...those two keep me on my toes.

Amy (Foxy) Len wrote: "Great review!!! nice picture, job well done for your son & daughter :))"

I'll let them know you enjoyed their picture. ❤️

Amy (Foxy) SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Wonderful review Amy! Oh I was wondering who it was in the picture. Great work! = ))"

Thanks, Sue. ❤️
My mini-me in that picture

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ So cute! Love the idea too!

Amy (Foxy) Ingela wrote: "Your photo is wonderful, nicely done. Give your creative son even more praise. Maybe we should use the idea more often, there are so many exciting book covers. ~ Great review, Amy!"

Thank you, Ingela. ❤️
Teens are so creative these days with all the technology they have at their finger tips.

Amy (Foxy) Mysza wrote: "Beautiful review hon:)"

Iryna Fantastic review, Amy! How old is your Andrew?

Amy (Foxy) Olga wrote: "Great review, Amy! Can't wait to read this one! :)"

Thanks, Olga ❤️
It's worth the wait. :) won't be long now.

Amy (Foxy) Lilian wrote: "Lovely review, Amy! :D"

Thanks, Lilian. ❤️
Btw...love your name. Authors should use it for heroines.

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Amazing review Amy! I can't wait to read this!

Amy (Foxy) Duchess Nicole wrote: "I love it! I love the pic, such a creative boy you have there. Can't wait to read this one :D"

Thanks, Nicole. ❤️
Never know what teens will come up. :). Just glad I got him to use his sister instead of me. Lol

Amy (Foxy) Ji wrote: "Love your review, especially your son's brilliant idea!!! :)"

Thanks, Ji ❤️
He's going to love hearing about how everyone liked his idea. You'll make his day. ❤️

Anna Banana Great review! I love Karina Halle's writing and I really want to read this but I'm super nervous about the whole cheating husband thing.

Amy (Foxy) Kristin (KC) wrote: "Fabulous review, Foxy! Perfectly said :)"

Thanks!!! I can't wait until you finish so we can discuss the book more. ❤️❤️

Amy (Foxy) Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "That's amazing that your son did that. Good job, him! And, fabulous review. I can't wait for the book to come out so I can check it out."

Thank you, Stephanie. ❤️
I guess teens are good for something, huh?! Besides causing me stress.

Amy (Foxy) Sportsmom1 wrote: "Wonderful review! And very talented son!"

Thanks, Sportsmom. ❤️
I agree he was creative on this project.

message 40: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Beautiful review, Amy!! I love the picture, how sweet! I can't wait to read this one:)

message 41: by Ginette (new) - added it

Ginette Excellent review!!

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Amy (Foxy) wrote: "Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "That's amazing that your son did that. Good job, him! And, fabulous review. I can't wait for the book to come out so I can check it out."

Thank you, Stephani..."

LOL!

message 43: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily Amy (Foxy) wrote: "Lilian wrote: "Lovely review, Amy! :D"

Thanks, Lilian. ❤️
Btw...love your name. Authors should use it for heroines."

Thank You :) My aunt gave me my name, I haven't read any books using it, except for my nickname Lily and is pretty common now.

Gwen ~the Book Diva That picture is awesome! I'm going to have to try that! LOL!

Amy (Foxy) Iryna wrote: "Fantastic review, Amy! How old is your Andrew?"

Thanks, Iryna! ♥ Andrew is 16 years old and Maddie will be 15 in May. :) (plus, I have a 17.5 year old...but she was too busy to be bothered with her younger siblings)

message 46: by Amy (Foxy) (last edited Apr 07, 2014 03:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy (Foxy) Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Amazing review Amy! I can't wait to read this!"

Thanks, Feifei!! It was so good. One of those books you hate see end. ♥

Amy (Foxy) Anna's Book Blog wrote: "Great review! I love Karina Halle's writing and I really want to read this but I'm super nervous about the whole cheating husband thing."

Thank you, Anna! ♥ No worries...KH does a great job writing it. I do NOT like books that deal with cheating or love-triangles BUT there's always the exception. And this is one of them.

Amy (Foxy) Jeanne wrote: "Beautiful review, Amy!! I love the picture, how sweet! I can't wait to read this one:)"

Thanks, Jeanne! ♥ Not too much longer before it is out.

Anna Banana Amy (Foxy) wrote: "Anna's Book Blog wrote: "Great review! I love Karina Halle's writing and I really want to read this but I'm super nervous about the whole cheating husband thing."

Thank you, Anna! ♥ No worries......"

Good to hear :)

Amy (Foxy) Ginette wrote: "Excellent review!!"

Thank you, Ginette ♥ I hope you enjoy it when you read it. :)

« previous 1 3