Dina's Reviews > The Return of Patrick O'Rourke

The Return of Patrick O'Rourke by N.J. Walters

1918270

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, erotica-romantica

I was dying to read Patrick's story since he was introduced in Discovering Dani, and I'm happy to say his book is a winner! Man, oh man! He was adorable when he was nineteen, but he's to die for now that he's thirty-one. He can do my laundry anytime he feels like it, that's all I'm going to say. ;)

For those who've read the first two books in the series and expect this one to be as sweet and "innocent" as those, beware: the love scenes in this book are sizzling hawt and way steamier than the ones features in the previous books! This is Ms. Walters as she's usually known, i.e., sexy, a bit naughty and oh-so-delicious... Suffice it to say that I'm packing my suitcases and moving to Jamesville, LOL! I know Patrick has already been taken - lucky, lucky Shannon! - but his brother Shamus is still on the loose... that is, until the next book in the series, LOL. Should I wait awhile before I read Shamus's book so I can pretend he's still available and make him the star of my dreams in the meantime? Nah! *runs to get The Seduction of Shamus O'Rourke*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Return of Patrick O'Rourke.

October 24, 2009 – Shelved
October 24, 2009 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
October 29, 2009 – Shelved as: erotica-romantica
October 29, 2009 –
page 1
0.36% "Can't wait to see Patrick all grown up..."
October 29, 2009 –
page 61
21.94% "There's been only one interaction between Patrick and Shannon so far. I hope the story picks up some pace soon..."
Started Reading
October 30, 2009 –
page 172
61.87% "Hot damn! Doing laundry has never been this exciting before... ;)"
October 30, 2009 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

message 1: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 You are moving right along with this series, Dina. I enjoy seeing your reviews on each one. I've yet to start the series, but hope to soon.

Dina Yeah, I think I'm addicted to this series. The 1st 2 books made me feel so good that I couldn't help rushing to get the next ones in the series. :)

Shawna Oh jeez...you're killin' my wallet Dina 'cause now I've got no choice but to order this series! LOL! :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Dina is a true wallet killer. ;)

Dina Shawna wrote: "Oh jeez...you're killin' my wallet Dina 'cause now I've got no choice but to order this series! LOL! :)"

You're going to love these books, Shawna! Auntee does, and you two are twins separated at birth, LOL.

Dina audball wrote: "Okay, so I've never read anything by NJ Walters, but it seems I'm going to have to try her/him?lol out. What's the best book IYO to start out with? :)"

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Dina wrote: I haven't read many books by her yet so I'm not an "expert" on her work. From what I've read so far, I love this Jamesville series I'm currently reading. If you don't mind PG-rated reads, start with Discovering Dani - I bet you knew I'd say that considering I'm OCD about reading series in order, LOL - but if you want steam coming out of the pages, skip ahead and jump right to The Return of Patrick O'Rourke.

LOL, yeah I guess I shouldn't have asked the question since I now about your OCD with series. :) Plus after I posted the question I realized I had downloaded Discovering Dani from Amazon a while back when it was being offered for free. So I guess I'll start with what I have. lol

I don't mind PG books as long as they are good. But that's weird that in the same series you have a PG rated book and an R/NC-17? rated book. I can't think of many series that have that large of a steam gap.

Dina audball wrote: "But that's weird that in the same series you have a PG rated book and an R/NC-17? rated book."

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Dina wrote: The 1st 2 stories, both PG-rated, were written when N.J. Walters was still "only" a bookseller and not a "real writer" (in her own words). It was only years later that she decided to change careers and become a writer. Her 1st published novel was an erotic romance, which became the genre she's mostly known for. So that's what explains the dichotomy in this series.

Aw, that makes sense. I knew I'd seen her name attached to several romantica books and was wondering about the difference in ratings. Since usually if authors write books with that big of a steam discrepancy they use different names.

Such a wealth of info you are Dina. :)

message 10: by Dina (last edited Oct 30, 2009 03:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina audball wrote: "Such a wealth of info you are Dina. :)"

LOL, that info is on the small bio featured in all her books. I didn't even have to Google her name. ;)

P.S.: And yes, I'm nuts! I read everything that's printed on a book.

Auntee Oh Dina, you're hooked!:) Wait until you read about Shamus--or are you doing that right now?:)

message 12: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina Auntee, I was torn between Wulf (Slightly Dangerous) and Shamus. Wulf won, mainly because I thought a chance of scenery was due. But Shamus's book is right on top of my TBR, and I'll tackle him, er, his book as soon as I'm finished with Wulf's. ;)

Auntee LOL--you'll want to tackle him alright!!;)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooo, I loved this series by NJ. My favorite was Patrick until I read Shamus' book and Shamus pushed Patrick out of the first place slot and took it over. Patrick is now #2 for me. :)

Are you going to read the rest of the series? In addition to Shamus and Patrick, Jonah was also another favorite of mine.

message 15: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina I was the same way, Mad4rombks. Patrick was #1 until Shamus took his place. :)

I've already read all the books in the series, and I've been suffering from Jamesville withdrawal ever since.