Fauxliages's Reviews > Ex-mas

Ex-mas by Kate Brian

U 50x66
Oct 23, 2009

This was my first time reading any of Kate Brian's novels. I'm a sucker for anything revolving around Christmas, so I picked up a copy of Ex-Mas the first time I saw it in Target. I got out of the novel exactly what I expected: a light, fun read with a bit of romance thrown in. The book may receive some negative reviews due to unoriginality or by following a "formula," but I enjoyed it for what it was. I can't name off specific movies or books with a similar plot off the top of my head, and even so, each story has its unique twist. Ex-Mas is no exception.

There isn't much I can tell you that isn't listed in the synopsis without being spoiler-ish. The book touches base on concepts such as being thankful, introspection, honesty, and simply being "real" with yourself and others around you. I really enjoyed watching Lila's character develop throughout the book. The trials and tribulations were rewarding to read, and the premise is one that I think we all secretly wish to partake in -- a road trip at the spur of a moment, rekindling friendships and making new ones, finding what we love and what we often overlook.

All in all, I'd recommend this book to others. If you're looking for gift ideas this year for the holidays, Ex-Mas would make for a wonderful Christmas present.

Check out the rest of my blog reviews, book news & more at http://www.fauxliages.blogspot.com today!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ex-mas.

Finished Reading