Beverly Diehl's Reviews > Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened

Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh

5641908
Nov 02, 2013

bookshelves: autobio-memoir, humor, pets, illustrated-cartoons, mental-illness

Laugh & Cry All the Rainbows

It's ridiculous and painfully honest and hilarious and doggies and if you were smart enough to get the dead tree version, is ALL THE RAINBOWS when looking at it from the side.

If you like dogs, simple or otherwise, those chapters are tastier than bees. If you've ever been Depressed (not just a little bit sad, but clinically Depressed), or know someone who has been, you will understand a little better that whole dynamic.

If you've ever been or had a child determined to be the Cake God, you will laugh over those escapades. Allie Brosh is clearly no Renoir nor even Picasso, but the crude MS Paint drawings are wonderfully expressive and charming in their own way.

It very clearly states "features new material and selections from HyberboleandaHalf.blogspot.com," and you know, it didn't bug me at all that some of the material I'd read on the blog already; I liked revisiting it.

From me it gets ALL THE STARS.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hyperbole and a Half.

message 1: by AJ (new) - added it

AJ I didn't even know Allie had a book - can't wait to read this!