Jonel's Reviews > The Seacrest

The Seacrest by Aaron Paul Lazar

This novel is emotionally charged. Lazar maintains a very personal contact with his audience through his writing. He keeps you coming back for more, while you experience each and every feeling and event right alongside the main character. Lazar writes about the type of love that you want. The type of love that you don’t mind going through hell and back to get.

Lazar melds the past with the present in this remarkable tale. By flipping between the two in ‘flashback mode’ we get the full experience of the main character’s love life. You can feel life coming around in a full circle. As a reader, you feel like it’s something that’s happened to you. Not necessarily the exact storyline, but the past haunting your present. The writing style also changes with the flashbacks. You can feel the difference between the teen and the adult.

Also, telling the story from the male POV adds an element of calm and realism. You get all the romance without the craziness, and cars definitely make a play in the story. I also have to thank Lazar for his honesty and accuracy in this novel. His horses are real horses, not some idealized version thereof. I really appreciated seeing an author take the time and effort to do this. It allowed me to fully immerse myself in this story without worry.

This is one of those stories you can’t put down. I was holding on to it like a lifeline. Lazar is a brilliant author who evokes all of your emotions and makes the best and the worst of situations shine.

Please note that I received this novel free of charge from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seacrest.

November 2, 2013 – Shelved