Felicitia's Reviews > Avoiding Alpha

Avoiding Alpha by Aileen Erin

Nov 01, 2013

bookshelves: arc, reviewed, favorites

O M G. This is probably the fastest read this year. Not because of its pages (which is not that many), but because this book is a major page turner. I mean, I finish this in like... a few hours! I am overwhelmed with so many emotions!

There's no gap in here, we are directly thrown into a conflict by the time we started this book. Tessa and her super-hot-werewolf-boyfriend Dastien is going to strengthen their mate bond in a few days, which meant they are almost likely to be married then. This is a big thing for Tessa, and as if the whole 'mate thing' and 'getting used to with the wolf life' is not enough stress, Meredith, a friend of Tessa was getting worse. She was cursed by the evil witch and was not able to shift, and now she's dying. And of course, Tessa couldn't let anything happen to her friend.

There is no word to describe how much I love everything about this book. Tessa is awesome. Yes, she's not bad-ass in the fighting department but she is bad-ass in the saving-your-friend's-life department. She had this super strong will that even I admire her. And did I mention that I love Tiesto? cool taste, girl. And then there he is, the hottest and the sweetest male werewolf ever, Dastien. God, I love for his sweet talks. Not to mention that he is just as awesome as Tessa in the music taste department (I'm saying 'department' a lot, am I? whatever). He's perfect I tell you. Perfect. The other characters in this book is just as awesome (totally approve of the nickname for Dastien, Meredith). God! I'm overwhelmed.

The writing style is also fab by the way. I mean it when I say I love everything about this book. I actually prefer the first book, I thought this one could do a bit more action, but I still love this book nevertheless. Totally. Recommended.

(I'll post this review on my blog, soon.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Avoiding Alpha.

November 1, 2013 – Shelved