Taya's Reviews > Lives of the Writers: Comedies, Tragedies

F 50x66
Oct 22, 2009

bookshelves: pbgs-4
Read in October, 2009

This book takes a delightful twist on biographies. It is a compilation of short biographies of different famous writers throughout the years. Included in the content are humorous pieces of information not commonly known about these people. Also, each new person is caricatured in a slightly comical, yet still representative way. I just find this book to be extremely original and enjoyable, though I admit my opinion is biased as this topic is very close to my heart. The thought behind the set up of this work is quite noteworthy though. At the start of each new chapter, or person, a short little statement is given about the popular works of the author, the years they were born and died, and their country of origin. I feel like this is a great addition since all of this information could just have been put within the main text. This allows the reader to peruse through various people and not necessarily read it from front to back like many other chapter books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lives of the Writers.