Courtney's Reviews > Lies Unspoken

Lies Unspoken by Lisa De Jong

As most of you know, Lisa is one of my favorite romance writers. I am not a huge romance reader (yes odd considering our blog is mainly romance) but Lisa is one of the very few authors that I will read without even asking what the book is about. Her writing has always been able to be able to pull at my heart. And she does that once again with Lies Unspoken.

“Love isn’t defined by what you deserve. It’s about finding that one person you know you can’t live without and never letting them go.”

Lisa had told me at the Vegas signing that this book was going to be nothing like I’ve read from her before. And wow was I taken by surprise. I could feel everything in this book.

Lila is thrown off kilter when she has the rug yanked out from under her. But instead of wallowing in her misery – she decides the best way to move on is to do just that – move!

Being in a new city all by yourself definitely has it’s positives and negatives. You get to experience everything without someone else’s opinion but you also have no-one to share it with.

“You’re the type of woman that men don’t know they want until they’ve already fallen. You’re there and then you’re just…..everywhere.”

Lila meets Pierce and Blake and these two couldn’t be more different than night and day. Pierce is Lila’s new boss and Blake is her friend’s brother and her new roommate.

And if you want to know what happens after that – I am not telling!! LOL

I will say that my heart ached for Lila throughout this whole book. Lila’s just wants a fresh start and no problems. But sometimes we don’t get to choose our destiny.

“For what could have been minutes, or maybe hours, I fall back to the heartbroken woman I was months ago. This time, I have no one to blame but myself. Blake warned me. I didn’t listen. Pierce offered to catch me, but I’d already fallen.”

Pierce and Blake may be two totally different men – but you will want them each for very many different reasons. And you will find yourself having a love/hate relationship with them both.

The ending – so did not see that coming and I cried – HARD! I seriously think my heart flopped onto my kindle after reading that.

March 1 can not come quick enough!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies Unspoken.

November 1, 2013 – Shelved
November 1, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
December 15, 2014 – Started Reading
December 16, 2014 –
100.0% "Once again - I am gutted by Lisa's books.\n Did not see that ending coming."
December 16, 2014 – Finished Reading