Tracy's Reviews > Carry Me Away

Carry Me Away by Robb Grindstaff

Carrie is Real. She is you, she is me, she is the girl down the street. Everything about this story is so full of realness that you forget that you aren't reading about someone you actually know. We meet Carrie as a 9 year old and watch her journey of life through every age she reaches. Racing against time to accomplish a full life's goals with an undetermined deadline due to an accident at the age of 12 that leaves her dying, Carrie really lives. She doesn't have a choice, because that choice was taken away from her. I love her relationship with her brother Sammy. While their conversations may have a few more words than i was willing to speak at that age, they were a fantastic pair, like oil and water, the way most siblings are, but you can feel the love. While Carrie is undoubtedly the main character, the author writes enough about all of the people in her life that you feel you know exactly who they are too. CinDee is her perfectly opposite best friend, but it works. You will also love Paul, her father's lifelong friend, the hot older guy every teenage girl crushes on, just like Carrie does. Her parents are fantastic, as are all of the other characters. I am not much of a review writer, i just like doing it. If you can take anything away from this review, let it be one thing. BUY THIS BOOK. Words cannot really describe how amazing and emotional this book will make you feel. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I WAS Carrie during moments in the story, that is how caught up i got in it. A must read for anyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carry Me Away.

Started Reading