Pygmy's Reviews > Fear Nothing

Oct 22, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: actionthriller, mystery, never_to_finish
Read in October, 2009

The main character has an overly philosophical tone of voice and overuses the word "I" (a common failing in many 1st person POVs, IMO), and many of the characters don't seem to talk very naturally, but it seemed interesting enough, and in terms of evoking a creepy horror feel, Koontz does a decent job. However, halfway through the book, my patience was sorely tried with excessive surfer-lingo that may in fact be accurate, but which to my ears sounded unimaginative, unfunny, and smacked too much of Wayne's World or somesuch. After that, I sloughed through paragraphs that excessively described the wonders of pets and their intelligence. I like pets and have one myself, but not nearly enough to want to read pages of it when I want to get back to the thriller/investigation part. Turns out the pets-thing had a point, but it took too long to get to it. Then a predictable shocker scene where a formerly good cop starts blathering about incest-rape fantasies, horror o horror, got bored and I'm not gonna finish.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear Nothing.

08/19 marked as: read