Laurie's Reviews > The Husband's Secret

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

Feb 24, 2017

What would you do if your husband left you a letter that he didn't intend for you to find and open until after his death, but that you mistakenly found while he was still alive and well? Would you defy his wishes and open it? This is the dilemma facing Cecelia Fitzpatrick in The Husband's Secret.

Riveting. I actually gasped when I found out what the secret was. I was transfixed. I didn't expect to find out what the secret was at the time it was revealed in the book, nor did I ever come close to guessing what it would be. The clever way this tale was told, combining three narratives into one, ratcheted up my interest and enjoyment of the book. It's difficult to review The Husband's Secret without giving too much away, so suffice to say it was worth every minute I spent on it. The epilogue was very unique and was a story unto itself. Again, I don't want to give too much away but I highly recommend this book. Secrets can transform lives, and in The Husband's Secret, lives will be changed in many ways. After reading this book I will surely look into more of Liane Moriarty's books. An excellent page-turner that I never wanted to put down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Husband's Secret.

October 31, 2013 – Shelved