Lea (YA Book Queen)'s Reviews > Pretty Little Devils

Pretty Little Devils by Nancy Holder

Oct 21, 2009

bookshelves: autographed, printed-book
Read in October, 2009

Nancy Holder, you are the queen of mystery & suspense.

I'll admit it, I thought I had the killer pegged after only 100 pages in, and I wasn't swaying. Usually I rock at guessing the killers but, needless to say, I was so far off. So bravo, Nancy, you fooled me!

This novel kept me on my toes, wondering who would be next, who would be the next suspect. The crank calls were definitely eerie (I know I would flip out if some weirdo was crank calling me like that). Sylvia definitely has the group wrapped around her finger, even sweet little Hazel, who can't believe she's one of the PLD's. With every page, I was sucked in even more, bent on trying to figure out this mystery.

The PLD's look at one another differently, each wondering just who is the killer that has it in for them....and how far will they go?

Highlights: Oh, definitely the end. I still can't believe I didn't figure it out. Pure brilliance. I also liked how even though Hazel was dying to be a part of the group, she still did her own thing and wasn't completely wrapped around Sylvia's finger.

Lowlights: Hmm.......I've got no idea. This novel had fantastic suspense, mystery, intrigue, a little romance, it was amazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Little Devils.