Martin Maher's Reviews > At Bertram's Hotel

At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie

Oct 21, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: crime-mystery, agatha-christie, audiobook

I have always liked episodes of `Hercule Poirot`on the T.V. but never read any books by the great creator of poirot; Agatha Christie. And so I got this audiobook to see if her writing was as good as the T.V. episodes. Àt Bertrams Hotel`is a story that ciculates around Christie`s other great creation; Miss Marple. Miss Marple, although frequently showed on the box, was a programme that I had seen only a few times before. So I said that I would give a go to this story.

Although this is essentially a Miss Marple story, her character really only plays a secondary role. More focus is given to the dective in the story (commonly refered to as father), who is is investigating the disappearance of a canon, who was staying at Bertrams Hotel before he disappeared (Miss Marple is staying at the same hotel).

Overall I quite liked this story of Christie`s. I liked the storyline, the characters in the book & the twists which are characteristic of any good mystery story. I also think that considering how long ago this story was written, I think it has held up quite well. I will definately be trying more of her stories in the future. If like me you haven`t read any of her books, but would like to, then I would certainly recommend this book. It`s has a good storyline, & is a relatively short book, so you wouldn`t have to commit a lot of time to it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At Bertram's Hotel.