Angie's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Jun 27, 2017

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult

Synopsis: "It's no longer safe for Harry at Hogwarts, so he and his best friends, Ron and Hermione, are on the run. Professor Dumbledore has given them clues about what they need to do to defeat the dark wizard, Lord Voldemort, once and for all, but it's up to them to figure out what these hints and suggestions really mean.

Their cross-country odyssey has them searching desperately for the answers, while evading capture or death at every turn. At the same time, their friendship, fortitude, and sense of right and wrong are tested in ways they never could have imagined.

The ultimate battle between good and evil that closes out this final chapter of the epic series takes place where Harry's Wizarding life began: at Hogwarts. The satisfying conclusion offers shocking last-minute twists, incredible acts of courage, powerful new forms of magic, and the resolution of many mysteries.

Above all, this intense, cathartic book serves as a clear statement of the message at the heart of the Harry Potter series: that choice matters much more than destiny, and that love will always triumph over death."

My Review: Finally the series is over! If you have been following my reviews of this series at all you will know that I have not exactly been enjoying it. For some reason this book went by much faster, I don't know if it was because it was more action packed or if it was just because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I did like that there was a little more danger, and obviously deaths would happen. I could have done with the Ron drama but I wasn't all that shocked by it. I really think that all those side characters really shined in this book, all series they have been developing and growing on the sidelines and finally they got to show their abilities. I liked how there were some characters that were redeemed in this as well. I do think that the tragedy at the end needed to be taken a little further, there should have been more deaths, and one in particular I was rooting for but didn't happen, of course. All in all it was a good conclusion to a series that really didn't hold up to the hype for me.

October 29, 2013 – Shelved