Angie McLain-Fan Girl Book Blog's Reviews > Making Faces

Making Faces by Amy Harmon

11973963
"And we endure. We have faith that there is purpose. We hope for things we can't see. We believe that there are lessons in loss, power in love, and that we have within us the potential for beauty so magnificent that our bodies can't contain it."

If I could give it higher then 5 stars I would, this was a 6 star read from start to finish.

This book is so incredibly beautiful from start to finish. I was pointed towards this one by another blogger, and HOLY HELL, I am so grateful! Thank you Silvana <3

Making Faces takes place in a small town USA and the characters, will make you fall head over heels. The main characters; Fern, Bailey, Ambrose, Rita are all so different, but the same. How does an author create such wonderfully strong, damaged and determined characters?

Fern is one of the best female characters I have read in a long time. She is strong, stead fast, and just incredibly brilliant. No wishy-washy lead here.

Bailey, oh Bailey, I have no idea where to even begin. I loved him so much. He made my heart hurt. He was so incredibly amazing. I cannot even put into words. He is the backbone in this story. He is the Hero in Making Faces, in every sense of the word.

Ambrose, is not perfect, but holy hell, did I fall? I did, completely in love with this man.

For everyone there is someone. Someone who will love them, till the end of time. Finding that someone, is the daunting task. This book reads with ease, because the writing, the characters, everything is magnificent. That being said this one will cause you serious emotional distress, it is emotional on every level. You will cry, so resign yourself to that before you begin. The synopsis for Making Faces, did not prepare me for what I was walking into. You fall so completely in love with these characters that when the unthinkable happens, you are DEVASTATED! The plot was simple enough, but what I didn't see coming was how invested I becoming in this story. I felt every bit of Fern's, Bailey's Ambrose's, and Rita's pain, their grief, their love, and their happiness. What is extremely difficult to do here, is to keep this review completely spoiler free. Everyone should read this book and experience it, without knowing how it all plays out.

There were entire passages, in this book that made me cry and ache. I may have had a highlighter issues. Over 50 passages or quotes are now in my notes for this book. It was that beautiful.

"How did you know I needed you?" Fern whispered in broken tones. "Because I needed you," Ambrose confessed without artifice, his voice thick with heartache."

You will love this story I guarantee it, but I will stop here, because temptation to share more is way too much. Amy Harmon you have written a truly heartbreakingly, wonderful story, thank you <3 Fan Girl
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Making Faces.

October 29, 2013 – Shelved
October 29, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
November 4, 2013 – Started Reading
November 4, 2013 –
10.0% "I'm nervous and excited all at once"
November 4, 2013 –
30.0% "It's getting real in here, where are the freaking tissues???"
November 5, 2013 –
75.0% "waiting for the other shoe to drop, and loving every word!"
November 5, 2013 – Shelved as: broke-my-heart