David Eccles's Reviews > Bad Sunset

Bad Sunset by Alex S. Johnson

Malpuesta Del Sol, or Bad Sunset, is a true Bizarro novel in every sense of the word, and one that I hope readers and critics alike will hold high and show reverence to in the same manner that the Chinese revere Chairman Mao Tse-Tung's "The Little Red Book".
The genius of Alex S. Johnson is revealed in this book, which has taken over three years to write and refine. Who in their right mind would even consider weaving a tale comprised of elements such as a Wild West town; the second coming of Jesus Christ in the form of The Christo Kid; an Aztec death deity; a six thousand year-old mystic who rides around on a salamander and his student, Juan; Satan in the role of the Contessa, a flame-haired temptress; a saloon brawler with enough power in his punch to tear apart the fabric between the nine universes and set loose an unspeakable, nameless evil which in turn, raises the dead, and much, much more?
Did I fail to mention the copious amount of violence, gore, depraved sex performed upon every body orifice available, and the ingestion of sexual body fluids as a teaching aid and a method of expanding one's understanding of the self and of cosmic consciousness? My apologies. I'm just so blown away by this masterpiece of fiction. I need to lie down and reflect further on what I've just read.
Outstanding, highly recommended and well deserving of five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Sunset.

Started Reading