Kathleen Kelly's Reviews > The Seacrest

The Seacrest by Aaron Paul Lazar

bookshelves: finished

I am always a bit skeptical when I read a love story written by a man but I was pleasantly surprised with The Seacrest. The story starts out with a tragedy, where Finn McGraw's wife and brother die in a car accident. Alternating chapters tell the story from when Finn was 17 and the affair that he had with a girl whom he fell madly in love with, but because of their different backgrounds, can never hope to have. The author goes into the Finn's marriage and the fire that killed his parents and little sister. Finn feels that his brother was responsible for this fire, which has caused a huge rift in their relationship. With the accident Finn is left wondering why his wife and brother were together in the first place, since he didn't think that his wife had ever met his estranged brother. There are a lot of questions that need answers and Finn is determined to figure it out. Until he does he will not be happy.

This is a story of unrequited love, long buried secrets and anger, hope and forgiveness. The story is written in such a way that the reader is pulled right into the story. Can a teenage love last over a ten year period?? Will Finn finally come to terms with his losses and have the woman that he has never forgotten and get over his anger? This is a fast paced story that will keep you turning the pages. I really enjoyed this novel and hope to read more of this author's work.

I received a copy of this book and was not monetarily compensated for my review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seacrest.

Finished Reading