Ruth Hill's Reviews > The Shadow of Atlantis

The Shadow of Atlantis by Wendy Leighton-Porter

bookshelves: 2013-reads, e-books

This was an absolutely delightful young adult fantasy novel, and throughout most of the book, all I found myself thinking was how much my daughter would relish this book. But amazingly, I enjoyed it, too. As far as I am concerned, that gives even more credence to my claim that this is a book well worth your time and energy (or at least that of your children).

The positives in this book comprise quite a list. The book is clean, adventuresome, intriguing, historical (maybe pseudo), witty, and never scary. It involves time travel, and the cat is the acclaimed hero! Thankfully this appears to be a new series, and the first chance I get, I plan to introduce this book to my daughter.

As a side note, this 5-star review is a bit out of the norm for me when it comes to young adult and fantasy novels. And that can only be explained by the author's writing prowess. The story flows well and it easy to read without becoming cheesy. Rarely am I able to recommend a young adult book to all.

I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of Atlantis.

Started Reading