Jerzy's Reviews > Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig

Apr 16, 2007

bookshelves: sixstars, 2017-to-read

The pedagogical theories in this book may have helped temporarily make me a punky upstart who didn't pay attention in what was possibly my most interesting undergraduate course... oh, and I cussed out the professors publicly on our official class blog. Sorry, Chris and Ben!

Even so, and even though the plot is not that exciting, the philosophy in this book is edge-of-your-seat mind-blowingly fascinating.

~~~

Edit: want to read it again now, a decade later. I'm older though not necessarily wiser :P but at least I've actually read some of the Aristotle that Pirsig's characters complain about.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

11/07/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Grant (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grant Hutchins You always were a punky upstart, don't try to deny it! :)

And I'm sure that even though they were probably frustrated by your blog at the time, now they probably look back at the incident and find it intriguing. Or maybe they loved every minute of it, I don't know.

Either way I bet it's great for a professor to get a rise out of one of their students, because it fosters discussion and piques interest.