Laura's Reviews > Dead Silence

Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting

bookshelves: fantasy, ya, romance

** spoiler alert ** Let's get one thing out of the way. I HATED the ending. It didn't close anything at all and for all I can tell there won't be another one after this. Violet just says "oh to the heck with the Circle of Seven and the big conspiracy surrounding it, I'll just give up on it and stay on the team". NOOO! Just when I was getting into the whole thing about the higher-ups having a secret agenda with the grandchildren and whatnot, it just ended. Ugh! Otherwise, this book was just as beautifully written as the rest. I did start to see the beginnings of a love triangle and I'm just sick of those at the moment so I was fairly happy that it didn't really develop other than Rafe having 'longing' feelings for Violet. Violet never really does anything to set him straight - she just strings him along. And then when he looks like he's interested in Chelsea she totally has a panic attack. This bothered me a bit but really hardly registered on my radar.

The things I mentioned already are pretty much the only things wrong with the book from my point of view. It was really cool to at least learn some of Violet's past. And the whole things with the killer was so different than the other killers in the other novels of the series. The prologue just about killed my heart inside. When I read that Chelsea dies I NEEDED to read the rest. So in a way it's the prologue's fault I'm so tired today because I stayed up until 2 reading this book. Never fear - Chelsea is only dead for a few minutes and then they revive her. I was happy about that part of the ending :). Chelsea is one of my favorite characters in this series along with Rafe and Violet.

Overall, this was a very good book - it just had a few aspects that left me cringing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Silence.

October 26, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read