Carol [Goodreads Addict]'s Reviews > Stone Guardian

Stone Guardian by Danielle Monsch

bookshelves: gargoyles, paranormal-fantasy

RATING 4.5 STARS

Stone Guardian is book one in the Entwined Realms series by Danielle Monsch.

Stone Guardian Danielle Monsch:

Twenty-six years ago the world as we knew it stopped. When the earth began to rumble and shake, it somehow caused the realms to collide, later to be called the Great Collision. Suddenly beings only ever seen in fairy tales roamed the earth, zombies, dragons, werewolves, and the list goes on. Jack Miller, a cop, was at work, trying to get to the hospital where his wife was giving birth. But, he didn’t arrive in time to witness the birth of his only daughter, or the death of his wife.

Now, Larissa Miller is an adult, living in a human only city, trying to be independent of her over protective father and four older brothers. She has only read of the Great Collision in the history books she teaches at school. Her city is protected by wards, keeping all magical beings out. Until the day she was attacked by a horde of zombies. And that was only the beginning. What do they want? Why her? How are they getting through the wards? And in the midst of it all, she is rescued by a being she didn’t even know existed, a gargoyle. But she wasn’t afraid of him. Somehow he made her feel safe.

Gargoyle and woman:

Terak is leader of the entire clan of gargoyles. His clan was his life, his number one priority, until the day he saw her, his little human. His world shifted, and only she became the center of everything that was important to him.

Thus begins Terak and Larissa’s journey. They had to somehow discover what it was about Larissa so many wanted. At the same time, bonds of friendship and maybe even more are forming between them. But along the way, loyalties are tested, between them, between Larissa and her family, and between Terak and his clan.

Burning love..

I really enjoyed this. It was my very first book by this author. It was fast paced and kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved watching the relationship slowly grow and develop between Terak and Larissa. If I had one complaint, it was that it took so darn long for any of the good stuff if you know what I mean. I look forward to reading Stone Embrace next, book #1.1, a short kind of epilogue to this one. I definitely hope to explore more of this series and Danielle’s books in the future.

"Her gargoyle, her mate, her love."

signature

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stone Guardian.

October 26, 2013 – Shelved
October 26, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
April 26, 2016 – Started Reading
April 26, 2016 – Shelved as: gargoyles
April 26, 2016 – Shelved as: paranormal-fantasy
April 26, 2016 –
22.0% "Chapter 8 Loving this so far."
April 28, 2016 –
49.0% "Chapter 18"
April 28, 2016 –
72.0% "Chapter 26"
April 28, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

message 1: by Choko (new)

Choko Wonderful review, Carol!!! Thank you for letting me know about a new UF series:-)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Choko wrote: "Wonderful review, Carol!!! Thank you for letting me know about a new UF series:-)"

Thanks so much, Choko. It was really good. I loved it.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Awesome review, Carol!! I'm going to have to add this ❤

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Fantastic review! :)

Naomi 🐨 Wonderful review, Carol! Beautiful pics. I'm adding this one now too ;-)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Melissa wrote: "Awesome review, Carol!! I'm going to have to add this ❤"

Thanks, Melissa. It was so good. I hope you love it too!!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Sandra wrote: "Fantastic review! :)"

Thanks so much, Sandra!! :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Naomi wrote: "Wonderful review, Carol! Beautiful pics. I'm adding this one now too ;-)"

Yay, thanks, Naomi. I loved it!!!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Madeleine wrote: "Stunning Review"

Thanks so much, Maddie!!

Jacqueline's Reads Great review!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Jacqueline's Reads wrote: "Great review!"

Thanks, Jacqueline! I love trying a new author and having it turn out so fantastic!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I bought it on kindle but don't know when I will get to it :-(. Beautiful cover though :-)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Melissa wrote: "I bought it on kindle but don't know when I will get to it :-(. Beautiful cover though :-)"

Awesome, Melissa. I hope you find a place to fit it in. :) And yeah, I think the cover is what drew me to it!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin The funny or sad thing is that when I went to buy it yesterday, it said I already bought it in January :-/. I always lose my kindle books. I have tons on there I want to read but unless it's a physical book I forget. Sigh...

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Fabulous review, Carol! ;)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Arianna wrote: "Fabulous review, Carol! ;)"

Thanks so much, Arianna!! XO

message 17: by Alp (new)

Alp Great review, Carol! :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Alp wrote: "Great review, Carol! :)"

Thanks so much, Alp. It's always so awesome to try a new author and have it turn out to be so fantastic!

message 19: by Jen (new)

Jen Awesome review, Carol! ❤️

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Jen wrote: "Awesome review, Carol! ❤️"

Thanks so very much, Jen!! XO

Clumsy Storyteller Great review, Carol :D !

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Khadidja wrote: "Great review, Carol :D !"

Thanks so much, Khadidja! This was really good!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Terrific review Carol! = DD

Carol [Goodreads Addict] SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Terrific review Carol! = DD"

Thanks so much, SueBee!!! It was my first by this author and I completely loved it! I'm just getting ready to start the little epilogue novella now.