Rosie's Reviews > Priestess of Avalon

Priestess of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

Oct 18, 2009

liked it

Priestess of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley and Diana L. Paxon is the forth book of Avalon I have read, and I kind of think it might be my last. This novel chronicles the life of Helena, mother of Constantine. She faces the rise of Christianity in the Roman empire, and this super intense theme gave the story potential to be so awesome! But, alas. I believe that Marion Zimmer Bradley started writing this book and died before it was completed. Diana L. Paxon finished writing it. I have to say that you can totally tell! I haven never read anything else by Diana Paxon, but all I know is that the first part of this book was awesome and the past two parts were not that good. They were slow, uneventful, and did not have the required percentage of pagan/Avalon stuff required to fulfill my needs. I think there are more Avalon books after this one, and I am hesitant to give them a go now. Ah well, we had a good run.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Priestess of Avalon.

October 18, 2009 – Shelved
November 9, 2009 –
page 50
12.69% "This book is sweet so far! I love the books of Avalon."
Started Reading