Jennifer Hines's Reviews > The Forest Bull

The Forest Bull by Terry Maggert

liked it

*I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

The Forest Bull is a paranormal/urban fantasy which brings a whole new light to immortal creatures. Their dark and sexual nature is written very well and in some instances very unsettling. They are definitely not the types of immortals I'm used to reading about.

Ring is the hammer in the illustrious threesome. He seems to do most of the actual killing. Wally is the knock out who knows how to work the art of persuasion to obtain what they need. And Risa is the brains. Her detailed nature and organizational skills keeps them together and on target. Together they are friends, family, and lovers.

Through fate, or perhaps not, they were brought together to use their lack of fear combined with their skillsets to assist in protecting the innocent people of the world by dispatching the immortals. Though that is not the only good deed in which they do. They also use the wealth of the recently departed immortals for charities and families of the innocent victims. I would say they have karma on their side.

This book is quite intriguing, but on the same note could be a little over detailed at times. I understand that the backstory of your characters is important, but the backstory of the immortals too and what seemed like everyone in between was a bit much for me. I honestly didn't start getting hooked until all the backstories were through and I could just sit back and enjoy the story as it unfolded. Some people enjoy that much detail into the characters, and if you do then this is definitely a book you should read, unfortunately I do not.

My Favorite Character: Risa. To me she is what holds the three together.

My Confession: The whole navel piercing immortal gave me the heebie-jeebies!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forest Bull.

October 25, 2013 – Shelved