Marissa's Reviews > Origin

Origin by Dani Worth

bookshelves: ebook, erotic, menage-multiple-partners, mmf, romance, sci-fi, series, own-or-in-possession-of

You know when you’re in one of those awful reading funks where nothing sounds good and everything quickly becomes boring? Well, I recommend this series as the perfect remedy to smack you right off that funk train. Sensually enticing, heart wrenching feels, luscious three-way loving, all topped with intergalactic intrigue! *SMACK* You’re welcome. ;)

Now, you don't have to read the whole series, but in my opinion, you’d be depriving yourself of one of the most genuine things about these books - The characters and their relationships with each other. Ms Worth writes some of the most fleshed out, captivating characters you could hope to read. Each one screaming to have their own stories told.

As it was with Clay & Anders in Catalyst. I’m not gonna lie, their snarky banter, crazy pirate ways, and off the charts, sexual tension gripped me like a vice and made me its unabashed slave.

In Origin, we are introduced to Siri. Clay, Anders, and their team of space pirates rescue Siri from an “entertainment” ship where she has been held prisoner since she was 9 and tortured for the last 14 years. I mean, holy crap! 14 years! That is one strong woman to not have broken by now. Let me tell you, I was rooting for Siri from the get-go. Even knowing she was meant for my men. But, I love survivor stories, and with all the things she’d been forced to endure…well, I was just aching for her to heal and break free from her fears. For her to finally be happy and know what touches of love feel like. Reluctantly, I allowed this to happen with my men Clay and Anders.

Clay & Anders have this unique type of chemistry. It’s like a live wire strung throughout the book just waiting to singe and scorch you to your bones. Well, Siri sees this right away and vows that she owes it to them to find out why they refuse to be together. Gut-punching feels ensue and I die a bit more knowing how wrong it is that they were not always together.

However, without spoiling too much, I will say things do end extremely promising for more Siri, Anders, Clay brilliance to appear in the final(?) installment, Redemption. Where it appears (view spoiler) will, hopefully, be redeemed. Yay! Another love of mine, (view spoiler)

I already used a bunch of quotes in my updates, and I tend to give too much away when I allow these reviews of mine to ramble on for too long. Therefore, I will leave you with one last tiny morsel that just happens to occur in my new favorite shower scene…Enjoy!

Anders slicked back Clay’s hair, got more soap and began to gently scrub the captain’s scalp. Clay still didn’t take his eyes off Ander’s face, not even when soap threatened to sting them. I held my breath, touched by what neither man was saying out loud. Anders rinsed his hair, making sure to tilt his head back so the soap didn’t get in his eyes. The whole time, he ran his fingers through the captain's hair and stared back into his eyes.

Clay cracked a smile, starting to look more alert. He shook his head and leaned forward to rest his forehead on Anders chest. “What am I going to do with you?”

“I have lots of ideas,” Anders murmured against the top of his head.

SQUEE! I have such a longing to never let this trio go!

Origin releases April 8th, 2014

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Origin.

October 25, 2013 – Shelved
February 7, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
February 7, 2014 – Shelved as: own-or-in-possession-of
February 9, 2014 – Started Reading
February 15, 2014 –
1.0% "Finished my reread of Catalyst! Clay & Anders deserve an entire series devoted to them!"
February 15, 2014 –
3.0% ""It's fully charged, but how about we push this little safety button on the back so you don't accidentally shoot me or the captain here. You might hit something I like." He smiled. \n "On you or him?" I bit my lip, surprised I asked.\n Chuckling, he checked his own weapon. "Both.""
February 17, 2014 –
13.0% ""Like 'em big and mute, do you?"\n "Just because the man doesn't let bullshit roll off his tongue in a steady country-fried stream, doesn't mean he can't use his mouth."\n Ha!"
February 19, 2014 –
42.0% ""Hell no, Sullivan. I want what you didn't give her the other day, what you've apparently not given anyone in some time. It's mine and I want it."\n Dear Gods, *please* give it to him before I combust! ;)"
February 24, 2014 –
75.0% ""Shooting up a bar, killing<spoiler>and making off with a huge supply of hidden Kithronite (..) isn't remotely pirate-like?"\n I turned raised eyebrows onto Anders and Clay, both of whom returned equally cocky grins. "When did we have time to get that? We weren't there that long. And where would you even hide that much Kithronite on this ridiculously small ship?"\n "Hey now, don't be putting down our ride, sweetheart."</spoiler>"
February 28, 2014 –
89.0% "Anders tugged off his shirt, dropped it on the floor and reached for the fasteners on my bulky shirt. "(..)You don't need these baggy things anymore, do you, sweetheart?"\n I smacked his hands away. "I need answers. Don't try to confuse me with your gorgeous body. That's not fair."\n Anders tugged the captain closer and began unfastening his shirt. "Maybe Claybourne's body is more a distraction?"\n LOL Love them all!"
March 2, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Mei (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei Great review, Marissa! :D

message 2: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy Awesome review. I know I want to read this!