Angelique's Reviews > Allure

Allure by Lea Nolan

Emma’s summer is not going quite as she planned it. She has to race against the clock to save her boyfriend’s life thanks to a very nasty curse that will kill him on his birthday unless she finds some cure. With the help of her twin, will she be able to do it or is Cooper doomed?
I thought I would be a bit lost picking up this one without reading the first one, but the author managed to create the story in such a way that I could keep up and dig myself deeply into the meat of this one. I have never read a ‘Hoodoo’ book either and to be honest the only knowledge I have is of watching some TV series episodes so I am by no means an expert but Lea Nolan made it an easy world to delve into. I never felt lost or confused as weaved a tale of an unsure teenager that is just trying to learn enough craft to save her boyfriend.
Emma and Jack are both fantastic characters and I loved reading their relationship. I didn’t really get that much of a feel for Emma’s relationship with Cooper but that’s probably cos he was kinda a bit of a disappearing douche through a lot of the book. . I loved Miss Delia’s character. Not quite what I expected but fun nonetheless.
This was a great read that, once I got into it I found hard to put down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Allure.

Started Reading