Amelia Elizabeth's Reviews > What the Bride Didn't Know

What the Bride Didn't Know by Kelly Hunter

liked it
bookshelves: arcs

I received an ebook ARC from Netgalley.

I enjoyed the story, but felt there was too much going on for such a short novel. There was the back story of their childhood and how they grew up friends and all went into the same job field with her brother. Then there's the story of how she got hurt. Then the story of why they were in Istanbul to find her brother. Then there's the love story. I've said this before about books, but less is better when it comes to multiple story lines.

Besides all that, I really enjoyed the story. I think Lena and Trig are really great together and I think the story line about their romance could have taken place anywhere and still have been extremely sweet. Trig won't let Lena go alone and after an accident tells the hospital they are married so he could help take care of her. When she wakes up she thinks they are married. I like this plot line because it gives the characters a chance to come to terms with their feelings for each other.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What the Bride Didn't Know.

October 24, 2013 – Started Reading