Maja Helena's Reviews > Faith of the Fallen

Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind

it was ok
bookshelves: personal-library, fantasy, adult-or-new-adult

I know several people who enjoy, or even love, fantasy books. I can’t see myself recommending this to any of them.

It just didn’t work for me; I never really got interested in the story and the writing didn’t strike me as anything special.

Also, for a nearly 800 pages book, very little actually seemed to happen as everything can pretty much be cut down to the following;
• Kahlan was recovering.
• Nicci stops by and “borrows” Richard because reasons…
• Kahlan goes full Mother Confessor badass – I liked her and Cara together, actually! That was the one highlight of this book!
• Richard becomes friends with everyone; Nicci is still crazy and confused as hell.
• Richard makes one heck of a statue that would make Michelangelo and Bernini cry… Because Richard can do anything… Obviously...

This book, I think wasn’t as much about Kahlan and Richard as it was about Nicci. At first, I was intrigued by her but ultimately I felt like her potential was wasted.

And one last thing; I don’t mind books with political/philosophical/ideological themes but I don’t believe in anything being black or white. This book was all black or white and it had no nuances when dealing with quite complex questions/issues. Socialism, faith and feelings are not all bad and people believing in it are not all evil oppressors, and reason is not always the answer.

I think I will leave the series here as I have no desire to read on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faith of the Fallen.

October 24, 2013 – Shelved