oliviasbooks's Reviews > Front and Center

Front and Center by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

Oct 17, 2009

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction, ya-contemporary, favorites, stays-with-me, read-2009

Sniff. I had tears in my eyes when I read the last chapter. But they were tears caused by the warmth of the story. I was perfectly happy with the conclusion and I think, that this might have been the last of the D.J.-Schwenks-books.
But am am convinced that Mrs. Murdock will just create a brand-new heroine as likable and real as D.J. And I am sure I will be among the first to place a pre-order.
One more thing I have to say is, that I do not think the cover particularly fitting. It does not show the sports connection. And secondly I understood that D.J. is a rather sturdy person. Check out the other covers that had been in the discussion. I would have like the first one from left: http://www.catherinemurdock.com/cathe...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Front and Center.

Quotes oliviasbooks Liked

Catherine Gilbert Murdock
“How could I pretend to be someone else when I was already failing at being the person I already was?”
Catherine Gilbert Murdock, Front and Center

Catherine Gilbert Murdock
“Everyone's scared. So scared they can't sleep sometimes. Or eat. Or keep their weight on."
"Then why bother playing?" I asked. It was a whisper, this question.
"Because. You love the game. You love the people you play with. You love winning, maybe. You love that one moment when you get it right . . . I dunno. Why do you play?"
"Because," I whispered, "it's who I am."
Sounds like a good reason to me.”
Catherine Gilbert Murdock, Front and Center

November 8, 2009 – Shelved as: favorites
November 8, 2009 – Shelved as: stays-with-me
November 8, 2009 – Finished Reading
April 11, 2010 – Shelved as: read-2009

Cara Yeah I totally agree about the cover! Thanks for the link:)