Brittany's Reviews > Redeeming Love

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Oct 23, 2013

bookshelves: historical-fiction

"The love of God is greater far than tongue or pen could ever tell. It goes beyond the highest height and reaches to the lowest hell."
The words to this classic hymn capture the message of this book so well.
This is an incredibly difficult book to review. It is very powerful, and it is very deep. It's almost as if you have the story, and then you have an underlying story. It was a very gripping book, you do not simply read it then forget about it. It will make you think, and hopefully, make you yearn for the God who loves you so much.
I would hesitate to recommend this book, simply because some content may be offensive to some. Francine Rivers does not beat around the bush about the darkness of Angel's life, however she does not give detail to situations. You know what is happening, but it's not graphic. I would definitely say 18 and up on reading level for this book. All that being said, I never thought that the author was trying to make this book "sensational" or just tell a good story. She really wanted to get a message across and glorify God.
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redeeming Love.

October 23, 2013 – Started Reading
October 23, 2013 – Shelved
October 23, 2013 – Finished Reading
October 25, 2013 – Shelved as: historical-fiction

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Shank Where did you get a free copy of an old book??

Brittany Through BloggingForBooks, it is a twentieth anniversary edition, and is being re-released. I have heard that it has been edited from the original version to make a few scenes more implied.

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Shank Ahh. Cool!