Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)'s Reviews > Against the Ropes

Against the Ropes by Sarah Castille

Review- Wow. Wow. Wow!!!

I love, love, loved this book! After the very first few pages I was hooked and could not tear myself away. I even found myself staying up until the wee hours of the morning just to squeeze in a few more chapters. And as all other mums out there know, it has to be a pretty dang good book to keep us up that late especially when we have little ones to get up to the next day.

We follow Makayla and Torments roller-coaster relationship of intense ups and downs as they discover their roles within their new relationship as well as working on inner demons that they have been struggling with for many years. Their relationship on its own was enough to keep me glued to the pages without the crazy other scenes throughout the book that made it even more addictive.

I was blown away by said addictive storyline and how well it was delivered. It was funny to the point where I found myself giggling out loud while reading (which copped me strange looks from the husband). It was intense and full of drama with a little action thrown in there, and it was touching. Castille was well descriptive so it was easy to paint the picture of... Torments' rock hard abs, muscular frame, stalking over to me with dangerous desire in his eyes... I mean, ahem, to paint the picture of the scenery in which everything takes place. Yes. That's what I meant.

Castille also created loveable, real characters that the reader can make an emotional connection to, and in Torments' case, a physical one.... YUMMM! She created real life issues for them in which they dealt with in a realistic way, which I loved.

I don't like to delve too much into the storylines of books I really love because I want the next people to read it to have the full effect. And you will want the full effect of Against the Ropes. It is a MUST MUST read which I HIGHLY recommend.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Against the Ropes.

Started Reading