Kelly (and the Book Boar)'s Reviews > How to Love

How to Love by Katie Cotugno

Oct 21, 2013

bookshelves: read-in-2013

THIS IS ONLY $1.99 RIGHT NOW (11/25/14)!

The perfect escape when you're dealing with your awful family this Thanksgiving weekend : )

Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Reena has dreamed of two things her whole life – getting away from her hometown of Broward, Florida and getting together with Sawyer. Little does she know that when dream #2 comes true, it will be Sawyer escaping, leaving Reena left behind to raise his baby. A couple of years pass and Reena’s plans of attending Northwestern, traveling the world and becoming a journalist have long since been replaced with sippy cups and dirty diapers when Sawyer reappears. Reena knows getting involved with Sawyer again is the (second) worst decision she could make (the first was getting involved with him at all), but her heart is having a hard time following directions.

God I’m so white trash. I love reading about hick girls who get knocked up and say stuff like “guess who I saw standing next to the Slurpee machine at the 7-Eleven” (or even better yet, and unfortunately not used in How to Love “down at the Piggly Wiggly”). Woo Wee! I eat that s*^t UP!

Told in alternating chapters of past and present, How to Love is a delightful little guilty pleasure if you want to add some sap to your reading repository. In the middle of a hectic week with some extra blargh in my life making it totally craptastic, this book hit the spot. Light, romantic and believable – it was the perfect escape route and I didn’t want to put it down. Bonus - Although the characters are teens, I think this should probably fall under New Adult rather than YA, so have no fear, fellow geezers. On the other hand, if you want lots of sexy-fun-time, this one is truly PG-13.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Love.

October 21, 2013 – Shelved
October 21, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
October 29, 2013 – Started Reading
October 30, 2013 – Shelved as: read-in-2013
October 30, 2013 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Debbie "DJ" (new)

Debbie "DJ" Kelly, you have me laughing at your review! I love it, and will add this to my reading repository. Lol!

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Thanks for the kind words : )

Rashika (is tired) Bahaha awesome review Kelly!
I think it's classified as NA (on goodreads) because it deals with tough issues.

message 4: by MrsJoseph (new)

MrsJoseph OMG! We used to have a Piggly Wiggly in my hometown!

Kelly (and the Book Boar) ^^^My entire family has Piggly Wiggly t-shirts that we sleep in. We're so classy.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 25, 2014 01:32PM) (new)

What the hot hell is wrong with shirts from the Pig?! :)

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Nothing at all. They even have little squiggly tails on the backside for 360 degree viewing pleasure : )

message 8: by MrsJoseph (new)

MrsJoseph Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "^^^My entire family has Piggly Wiggly t-shirts that we sleep in. We're so classy."

lol!

I would love a shirt with the Piggly Wiggly logo on it. Haven't seen one of those (store, that is) in a long time. I think the one at home closed. It was the best. Had the BEST snacks. Ever.