Nic's Reviews > A White Coat Is My Closet

A White Coat Is My Closet by Jake Wells

Oct 21, 2013

bookshelves: mm, dreamspinner-purchased, zz-amazon-yes
Read in January, 2014

It has romance and it is Zach's love of Sergio that triggers it, but this is more a coming out story than a straight romance.

The focus is on what has made Zach the man he is and the life he has forged at the hospital. We see why Zach has remained in the closet and his struggles to live up to expectations, including his own.

I loved the easy love of Sergio and the totally nurturing personality of Zach. Including the detailed stories of patients like 5 year old Christopher really added interest to the story and also provides so much insight into Zach.

It is obvious the author has inside knowledge the medical world (his bio advises he has a successful career practising medicine) which really comes across in the realism within the story. There is detail of the life for staff inside the hospital but it also doesn't shy away from providing details of illness and their treatments, but done in such a way that the reader is not left confused.

A nice blend of story, characters and dramatic moments.

I publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A White Coat Is My Closet.

10/21/2013 marked as: read