Vic's Reviews > Bound

Bound by Sarah Bryant

5319975

Bound by Sarah Bryant is a wonderful book. Narrated by a young woman called Sophie, she begins her story on a ferry boat to the tiny village of Ardnasheen, on Scotland's wild northwest coast . While in the seemingly quiet town Sophie makes some life changing discoveries such as why she can see Revenants and why she has the sight for the Síth. This fantasy novel features ancient lore about the fairies that roam the Scottish lands from murderous water horses to wild cats. However Bryant also uses the Book of Enoch and legends to include in her story angels and what happens when they fall making it one of the most unique stories that I’ve read in the past few years. It really captures not only the reader’s imagination but interest, because of the researched and collected knowledge on the topic. Sophie must face the fact that she isn’t who she thought she was. She begins to uncover the dark secrets about her past and why her love for Lucas has not only thrown off the balance but might be worth dying for.

Full of enjoyable characters and written with immense skill this book is really just amazing! I loved it and it has easily catapulted Bryant to my list of top authors. I would suggest investing in the sequel Riven though because once you’ve entered this fantasy you won’t be able to leave.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound.

Finished Reading