BookLover's Reviews > Not at First

Not at First by Phalla S. Rios

I must admit, I got sucked into this story right away, so I was excited!

Although I liked Angel's character, I found her a bit confusing as to how she could reflect on most of her past but yet other important things she didn't remember, and why? I wish we would have delved a little more into her past, her family, etc. It was almost like she had two personalities…soft spoken and scared to bitchy and confident.

I kind of liked the love triangle that she had going. Of course, I am all about team Kevin, but I liked Roman's dark side. What can I say? I do tend to lean toward darker reads ;)

Overall, this story captured my attention right away, and kept me interested throughout. It needs a little bit more editing (which the author already informed me), but that didn't take away my enjoyment of reading the book. There were some unexpected moments and the ending threw me a little, but yet I'm really looking forward to the next book. There is so much we still don't know! I wonder when that will be….soon, I hope??

I would recommend this to anyone who likes a quick, easy read, focusing on a love triangle including a bit of mystery and sex.

Thanks for allowing me to read and review your debut book! It was good!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not at First.

October 19, 2013 – Started Reading