Natalie's Reviews > Brightly Woven

1969199
Oct 13, 2009

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult, re-read-list
Read in June, 2010

For those of you who are book bloggers, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about when I say this: Have you ever read a book that causes your heart to break when you turn the last page because it's over? What about one that has you wanting to call your best friend at 3 in the morning in order to tell her all about it? Well, guys, I'm happy to say that Brightly Woven did all this for me and more.

First of all, I couldn't believe that this was Alexandra Bracken's first novel. It's so incredibly well-written--the characters, the writing style, the plot--everything ties together beautifully. I can't even begin to express how impressed I was with this book!

The world Bracken created was vivid and unique, as were the characters. The plot moved at the perfect pace, hinting at things but not making them overwhelmingly obvious. I had a lot of trouble putting the book down, and I read it in just a few hours!

This is going to be a shorter review than usual, because I don't have much to say other than this: if you've ever loved fantasy, romance, action, or just a good book in general, you need to give this one a shot in the near future.

As of now, there's no sequel planned, and while Brightly Woven definitely can stand on its own, I would love to see this turn into a series. Hmmm....looks like it's time for me to start pestering Egmont...

In a Sentence: Brightly Woven is an absolutely stunning debut novel that you should read ASAP!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brightly Woven.

06/13/2010 page 10

Aly (Fantasy4eva) omg amazing review Nats!! i really want it now it sounds wonderful!

Heather Yeah! I've been wanting to read this for awhile now. Glad to know it's a good one. Thanks for the awesome review!